So I had the Austin-Texas (McCombs) interview this past Monday…….it went really well! It was much longer than I expected, 1230pm – 210pm. But it was quite casual, the alumni interviewing me was very nice and gave me a really good impression of the school and the city. I was ready for all his questions and he liked my answers and said he would give me a favourable review. He did however temper it by saying that the interview is still only one aspect of the application and that everything will be reviewed once more before they give you a decision. While most ppl he has approved have been admitted there have been times when they have not, and there have been times when he’s given bad reviews and they’ve still got in…..which seems odd to me…..but oh well. I feel good about it right now.
Also, Toronto (Rotman) emailed me to setup a time for a phone interview! The guy said its only a 30min interview though. And from reading about it online its very casual and it makes me feel like its only a formality…as long as I don’t screw it up. So yay!
So ABCDlaw tagged me, from no tags ever to 2 in a week! Kinda cool. Anyhow, she has given me the task of listing 5 of my favourite things and why…..hmm…….
1. The first thing that immediately jumps to my mind is…CHOCOLATE! Milk, cake, ice cream, cup cakes, truffles, bars, whatever, chocolate is wonderful!
2. Stories. Whether its a book, a movie, a tv show, a story someone tells me, a broadway show, whatever it is, I really enjoy a good story. The feeling of a good book where the entire world around you disappears and you are full immersed in a story…I just love it.
3. Travelling! There are so many amazing places in this world. Things that just make you stop and stare and go WOW. And going new places, seeing new things, and even the trip itself…its a fun adventure that ends up giving you so many little stories…most of which you forget but the trips are just incredible experiences.
4. Ok, so bowling, pool, movies, trips, vacations, shopping, etc all that stuff is a lot of fun…but I really like just simply hanging out with people and talking too. A lot of times, the simple sitting around with family or friends talking and playing cards or boardgames are the nights where you have the most laughs and the most fun.
5. Hmm…..what else…I like competing. And of course winning. I dont’ mind losing as long as I did well. If I won but didn’t do as well as I know I can I’m disappointed. That said, there are some ppl I will not lose to if I can avoid it. I won’t lose to my sister or my cousins, Anojan at video games, Darrin at Pool, Jessani at anything, Ben at squash, and I could go on.
6. I guess thats another thing (or 2). I’m a big Toronto Raptors fan! Lets go Raptors, Lets Go! Woo! Woo! (I only woo woo online I don’t know why I don’t in person…its just not me). And I really like playing squash. Hopefully, inshaallah I’ll get into school and be able to start playing again.
k, thats good enough. Lots of people have been tagged lately….I dont’ want ppl to be sick of it….but if you haven’t been tagged yet, consider yourself tagged! And list 5 of your favourite things and why. 🙂