So its February now. Already. And I thought I’d just see where I am in terms of my resolutions. Maybe checking in monthly will help me achieve them. If you’d like to see my full original resolutions post you can click HERE.
1) Workout and try and get into better shape (more quantifiably: go to the gym an avg of 3x a week so 156x in the year. so far its been 1.
So….January…not that great. I was sick for 1.5 weeks…but still not that great overall. However, I have gone 3x in the last week so inshaAllah I’m back on track and can keep it up 🙂
2) To read more (I have like 20 unread books sitting on my shelf, I want to get through all of them and more this year)
I’ve been reading a lot lately. The news, random articles here and there. And of course my books. I finished Outliers (Great book! I highly recommend it), Blink (Good), and The Tipping Point (Good). If I find time I might write a post on them because there was a lot of cool information in them.
3) Travel someplace new (I’m hoping for Egypt in April inshaAllah)
I booked my ticket to Egypt! InshaAllah I’m flying there April 1st 😀
4) Complete the PMP designation
……ahh not that great. Forcing myself to sit down and study is so hard! I need to do something to fix this…not sure what right now…but inshaAllah this month goes better…
5) Spend less time on people that aren’t really friends and more on those that are (so if I don’t know you, and you don’t make an effort to talk to me equivalent to the level I put into you, bye bye)
I feel I’ve definitely improved in this. I’ve cut back on the amount of time I spend with some people that don’t really deserve it. I’ve reconnected with some other friends. But trying to find a balance between finding time for everyone (time that I want to spend) and then time for myself is a struggle. Theres still more people I haven’t had a time to really talk to or hang out with recently so I have to reach out to them.
6) Smile more
😀 This was really about being more expressive. And……its still a work in progress. Feel free to encourage me 🙂
7) Take more pictures with people (with me in the picture, and more pictures with family)
Hmm…I’ve been taking pictures…but…not a lot with me in the picture…I’ll have to keep that in mind.
8) Meet more new people (particularly a certain type of people 😛 ……..help welcome :S )
…no progress…… :S
hmm….I think I might have to make these progress updates protected in the future……just on the off chance there is progress…
9) I will make a stronger, more conscious effort to be a better person.
I believe I’m moving in the right direction. 🙂
10) I will try to do more, because I know I can.
Slowly but surely. The key now is to prioritize and fight the laziness.
How’s everyone else doing on their resolutions?