July! When did that happen!? Time is moving too fast. There never seems to be enough time for everything. Just have to keep getting better at time management, prioritizing, and need to stop slacking hehe.
First, my original resolutions are here. And this is how I was doing in June. Continuing with how I did it last month, due to my varying levels of success with my goals I think I’ll list some goals just for this month too.
Overall Goal Updates
1) Workout and try and get into better shape (more quantifiably: go to the gym an avg of 3x a week so 156x in the year.
— I haven’t been going as much as I’d like but I think this month I consistently got excercise 2-3x a week.
2) To read more (I have like 20 unread books sitting on my shelf, I want to get through all of them and more this year)
–Ok this one has been going terribly….unless research on stuff online counts? Ya…I know it doesn’t.
3) Travel someplace new (I’m hoping for Egypt in April inshaAllah)
–Done! Woohoo Egypt was awesome!!! And still have a bit more to blog about it. Soon, this month! I’ll make it a goal! 🙂
4) Complete the PMP designation
–Still in progress…minimal progress…ya…I know on this goal I suck….
5) Spend less time on people that aren’t really friends and more on those that are (so if I don’t know you, and you don’t make an effort to talk to me equivalent to the level I put into you, bye bye)
–Going great. And somewhat on a similar topic, I met up with a bunch of people I haven’t seen in ages and caught up with them. Fun 🙂
6) Smile more, be more expressive.
–Hmm….I don’t think I’ve made much progress here actually.
7) Take more pictures with people (with me in the picture, and more pictures with family)
–Hmm….I’ve taken very few pictures this last month…but I’ll keep this in mind for this month.
Ok, so thats the overall update. I guess I need to give updates on the June goals before I state the July ones eh?
– Tennis lessons end at the end of June. So before then sign-up for something else.
Done! Signed up for Intermediate tennis and badminton!
– After Freakonomics read at least 1 more of the books sitting on my shelf. Also maybe make a blog post of what I’ve read this year. If its less than 20 by the end of the year….I’ll not be impressed.
Ya, ok I already I said this hasn’t been going well…
– I’ve studied a few chapters for the PMP, by the end of this month I want to have accomplished at least 3 more. Thats not very much. Also find out how to move forward with this through work.
– Organize something with my cousins. Just a movie or dinner night or something. We do stuff regularly, but its been awhile since I organized it.
We went for sushi and a movie! Crazy Sushi actually, good but slow service. And the movie was Grownups. That was alright. Better than I expected.
– I want to start investing more. So find the right brokerage thing (maybe questetrade b/c waterhouse is expensive), research what to invest in, and then do so. Also have a meeting with friends to figure out if there’s something we can do together and then see if we can actually move forward with it.
Done and done, but still lots to do in both these areas. Its fun and interesting though time consuming.
– I want to do at least 1 charitable thing this month (a good deed for someone I know does not count)
Hmm…I did a bit of donating. And I signed up for to be the Green Champion at work…that counts right?
– Oh generally, I want to spend less time online and more time outside. Or just doing other stuff, reading, sitting and talking, playing games, whatever.
Hmm..I think I’m doing both. Sort of.
– Oh one more. I’ll spend some time just thinking (I think I need that as a step) of my career and what I think about where I am right now and where I’m going.
This I didn’t get around to at all….hmmm…..
I’ll keep this short b/c I’m getting tired.
– Try to sleep closer to 12 instead of 1am
– Read 2 books this month
– continue the investing and business stuff mentioned in June’s goals
– Make any, any at all, progress on the pmp stuff
– Organize a trip to African Lion Safari! Let me know if you want to come 🙂
And thats all I can think of for now. How are you guys doing with your goals?